Tuesday 12 April 2011

Len Tyler, in the Library, with a dagger (we hope),,,

In the best tradition of Professor Farnsworth (of Futurama for the uninitiated!):

"Good news everyone, our very own Len Tyler has been long-listed for the CWA Dagger in the Library... Voted for by librarians with a short-list to be announced on 20th May!"

A huge congratulations to Mr Tyler, for a very deserved nomination, and we have everything crossed that you go short on the 20th May, and success follows soon after!

And a special thanks to our newest member of the flock, David Jackson, who alerted me to this news (I've added David to the list of bloggers here so he can blog to his heart's content...)

10 comments:

Deborah Swift said...

Brilliant Len. Now's the time to start bumping off the other candidates with the lead piping.

Tim Stretton said...

Fingers crossed, Len!

That's a really strong shortlist and excellent company to be keeping.

Eliza Graham said...

I"ll go into the library if someone can cover the study...

Well done, Len!

David Jackson said...

Well done, Len!
It would be nice to win this while we still have libraries!

Len Tyler said...

Gosh, you're all well-informed (as usual). I've only just picked this up myself - I need to check the MNW blog more often for breaking news.

Thanks everyone. Yes, it's a very strong list - not sure how I will beat Ellory, James, Sansom, Taylor, Hannah etc without the aid of a bit lead piping. I missed a chance to bump them off en masse at the CWA conference this month. Maybe I can lure one or two of them to their doom at the Bristol Crimefest.

crimeficreader said...

Many congrats Len!

Ann Weisgarber said...

Len, you rock! Congratulations. Along these lines, are you coming to the U.S. for the Edgar Awards? Isn't that sometime in May?

Brian McGilloway said...

Congratulations and well deserved, Len. Best of luck!

Frances Garrood said...

That's fantastic news, Len! Everything crossed for the short list!

Ebenyado said...

Good work Len.Wishing you all the best and you remain thoughtful of friends to share and network posts.Plz do take sometime to comment on my blog to assist me improve my works.
Thanks.Have a wonderful day..