Tuesday 6 July 2010

BODIES IN THE BOOKSHOP – 15 JULY 6PM




The MNWers coincide at literary events only occasionally, but at least three of us who have published under the MNW label will be at Bodies in the Bookshop at Heffer’s in Cambridge next week – me, Eliza Graham and Roger Morris. It is (though I am shamelessly ripping off this fact from Roger’s blog) the twentieth annual Bodies event, bringing together crime writers from all over the country to chat informally over a glass of wine with anyone who wants to show up, and maybe even to sell the odd book or two. I’m hoping to be signing copies of The Herring in the Library there.

The complete line-up so far, in strict and impartial alphabetical order, is as follows: Don Bartlett (Translator of novels by the Norwegian authors K. O. Dahl, Jo Nesbo, Pernille Rygg and Gunnar Staalesen), A. L. Berridge, Richard Blake, Alison Bruce, Armand Cabasson, Charlie Charters, Mary Andrea Clarke, Rory Clements, Barbara Cleverly, Adam Creed, John Curran, Ruth Downie, Ruth Dudley Edwards, JT Ellison, Ann Featherstone, Jason Goodwin, Dolores Gordon-Smith, Eliza Graham, Michael Gregorio, Lucretia Grindle, Elliott Hall, Sophie Hannah, Veronica Heley, Suzette Hill, Matt Hilton, Lis Howell, Seth Hunter, Rebecca Jenkins, Erin Kelly, Jim Kelly, Laurie R. King, Patrick Lennon, Adrian Magson, Rose Melikan, R. N . Morris, Janet Neel, Chris Nickson, Gerard O’Donovan, Christine Poulson, Ann Purser, Philip Purser, Sheila Quigley, Mike Ripley, Imogen Robertson, Leigh Russell, William Ryan, E. V. Seymour, Lynn Shepherd, Stav Sherez, Harry Sidebottom, Roz Southey, Lyndon Stacey, L. C. Tyler, Nicola Upson, Andrew Williams, Emily Winslow.

Bodies in the Bookshop tickets at £5 are available from the Ground Floor Cash Desk at Heffers (01223-568568) or by contacting Richard Reynolds on 01223-568532 or by e-mail at literature@heffers.co.uk

See you there?

14 comments:

Tim Stretton said...

Sounds good, Len. I enjoyed my trip to Heffers a couple of years back.

I thought Michael Gregorio was two people, so I hope there are enough chairs...

Brian McGilloway said...

Quite a line up Len. I won't see you there I'm afraid but I will certainly see you on your panel in Harrogate in a fortnight. A few post panel refreshments might be in order...

Deborah Swift said...

It sounds fantastic.But I can't be there. However I'm thinking of setting up a rival event called "Bodices in the Bookshop" for historical fiction fans - any takers?!

mattfwcurran.com Web Admin said...

Wow. Great line-up. Makes me wish I was little further south. Hope the event goes well for you - should be a cracking time (just promise to report back on this blog!).

Eliza Graham said...

Oh FANTASTIc that you and Roger will be there. Emily Winslow is an American friend of mine, too, so that makes a group of us who can have a good gossip.

Ann Weisgarber said...

I miss out on all the good stuff. It sounds like a great event, and do report back for all of us who can't be there.

Bodices in the Bookshop -- that'd pack 'em in. (no pun intended)

Roger Morris said...

Hi Len, looking forward to seeing you and Eliza there.

Tim, yes, Michael Gregorio is two people (or should that be are two people?). I know because I'm giving them a lift to Cambridge. There's room in the car for one, if you're interested, Len!

no said...

Good luck for tonight everyone! (Including me at the Windsor Book Swap - gulp!)

Frances Garrood said...

Yes - good luck from me too. I do hope it goes well. You too, Aliya (I'm afraid I'm rather late with this).

And what IS a book swap?

no said...

Everyone brings a book that they want to swap, and you 'pitch' it to the audience, looking for takers - they then 'pitch' their book back. I took a historical crime thingie and came back with a David Baddiel novel. Top.

Eliza Graham said...

Roger--so sorry I missed you: I over-stayed and suddenly realized I was running late for meeting the friends I was staying with. I hope you had a successful evening.

Len--your table always seemed to have a queue in front of it. :)

Len Tyler said...

Eliza and Roger - good to see you both. (And Roger, many thanks again for the offer of a lift.)

As usual I was too disorganised to take my camera and record the event, but fortunately Ayo Onatade has posted some pics on the Shots Magazine blog - see http://wwwshotsmagcouk.blogspot.com/2010/07/bodies-in-bookshop-pictures-cambridge.html (Looking at it a moment ago on my laptop, by the way, the labels seem to have got mixed up, though it was all right earlier on Ann's - not sure why - maybe diferent browsers? If it's the same when you view it, I'm labelled "Zoe Sharp".)

Eliza - re queues building up - the trick is to sign books very, very slowly.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site macmillannewwriters.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Weight Loss Pills said...

I've really enjoyed having a look around your blog today, keep up the good work!