Tuesday 22 January 2008

World Book Day


The World Book Day Hidden Gems first round ends this week. If anyone thinks Playing with the Moon might make a good book club read or spark debate among other reading groups, it would be very kind of them to take a look here, and register (top menu bar) and vote.

At the moment I'm on a long list of 100 of books. On Friday, at noon, voting closes and a shortlist of 10 titles is compiled. Then that list is cut to one. At least it doesn't involve ballroom dancing or singing and there is no Simon Callow.

Anyone who would like to vote--thank you! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I'm posting as Readerette, but 'tis me, Eliza...!

David Isaak said...

Holmesian that I am, I'd already come to that conclusion...

David Isaak said...

Oh, you're now voted for, BTW.

And I'm now a resident of the South East (you have to declare a region, and the regions are all in the British Isles).

Is this coing to affect my tax status?

Alis said...

All voted up Eliza! Best of luck!

Eliza Graham said...

Thank you both! David, I'm afraid you're probably going to be paying more tax and enjoying our wonderful public transport system, etc. And floods!

Alis--I'm hoping your book will be with me tomorrow! Can't wait to read it.

mattfwcurran.com Web Admin said...

Congrats Eliza

Just seen the article on the Bookseller website about World Book Day. Playing with the Moon is in the top ten!!