Friday 19 September 2008

Yet More Borderlands Pics

Underneath the disguises, from left to right, are my sister Amber, nephew Avi, and my niece Stephanie. As the picture she sent informs you, they are at the Barnes & Noble in Redlands, California (my home town, actually). She says:

"I am afraid the cover is a little blurry. Hope it still works. It is a great book. I am only 40 or 50 pages in, but am really grouchy when my job or my kids make me put it down."

My sister is an arbiter of local taste, so I'm happy to report that Brian is now big in Redlands.

If you're wondering what the heck Redlands is, read this wikipedia article. Or at least scroll all the way to the bottom looking at the pictures. There's some amazing gingerbread mansions there, built by the citrus barons in the early years of the 20th century.

Bet you didn't know there were such things as citrus barons, did you?

2 comments:

Brian McGilloway said...

Hi David

Thanks to both you and your sister for your continued kind assault on US bookstores. Good to know it's made its way across country. I assume the reading glasses are optional when buying the book...?

Congrats on Shock and Awe in Waterstones - all is a bit hectic here at the moment as we await the arrival of baby 3 (now overdue), but I plan to get a run to our nearest W'stones soon, armed with camera, of course.

Cheers
Brian

David Isaak said...

Hi, Brian--

Let us know how the US invasion goes as you hear back from the publisher, won't you?