Thursday 18 September 2008

Hot off the phone… (The Gathering: Part 3)

Okay folks. I’ve just come off the phone to David Headly, and we have a firm date for The Hoard of Mhorrer book launch at Goldsboro Books: January 16th 2009. Everyone, is of course, welcome to attend (these things usually start about 7/8ish), but of more importance to this blog is the confirmation of the “MNW Gathering”.

As per Frances’ suggestion, we could make it lunchtime, Jan Friday 16th if everyone is happy with that. At least that way any hangers on could keep going to the evening (chatting that is, not sure I should be drinking from lunch-time onwards – the book launch might get a bit messy). If we say about noon, all we need now is a venue, so I’ll hand that over to the resident Londoners in the gang. Got any ideas?

9 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

That's great, Matt. Now we just need to see how many people can make it (and also, how many can't) so it would he helpful if everyone interested could let us know either way. And come on, Len. I'm sure you can slip away for a quick lunch. You might even get to choose the venue, provided it's nice, cheap (in view of the crunch), friendly, convenient...you get the picture.

no said...

Me me me me me! Count me in. I don't know London well enough to suggest a venue, though, I'm afraid.

Tim Stretton said...

This looks extremely promising in my diary. I have blocked the day out so nothing gets booked over the top of it.

No idea as to venue, I'm afraid, but Len sounds the man to steer us straight!

David Isaak said...

Any ideas? Yes indeed: Sign stock before you start drinking at noon.

no said...

I have to disagree with David there - just think how much those copies will be worth after you've signed them 'Kermit T Frog'. We'll find it hilarious at the time.

Alis said...

Fantastic! I'm putting it in my diary right now. I shall be there - just come up with a venue.

Len Tyler said...

16 Jan sounds good. If we're all invited, I'll certainly be there for the launch. Hopefully lunch too, but we wage-slaves don't always get to eat lunch.

Your collective faith in my gastronomic expertise is touching but misplaced. My advice is to ask David Headley where he would recommend around Charing Cross. Brown's is close by Goldsboro Books and is pretty reliable - see http://www.browns-restaurants.com/menu-coventgarden.php But David may have more interesting suggestions.

Ellie said...

Brown's fine by me! I'm putting it into my diary right now.

Frances Garrood said...

I think that makes 7 of us so far, which is great (I'm including you, Len. You've got nearly 4 months to think up excuses/ reasons for taking a lunch break. That shouldn't be a problem - after all, you write fiction, don't you?) I'm sure we'd like to extend the invitation to anyone else who's interested in MNW or who maybe has just had a novel acepted.