Friday 12 November 2010

Authors for Autistica



Along with a number of other authors (including Ken Follett, AL Kennedy, Louise Doughty and R J Ellory) I am taking part in a charity auction to aid research into autism. Over the next ten days or so, people can bid for our services, the resulting funds going to Autistica. Some of us are offering to name a character in our next book after the person submitting the highest bid; some of us are offering to critique the opening chapters of an unpublished manuscript. Since the book I am currently working on is set in the seventeenth century and only bidders named Praise God Barebones, Sir Roger de Clifford or similar could be squeezed into the text, I have opted to offer a critique. I am impressed by the reserve price Autistica have put on my critiquing (and I hope you are too) but it is after all for charity. I’ll try to give value for money to whoever bids for me! Anyone curious to know more can go to: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=autistica_charity

The auction runs until 21 November.

7 comments:

C. N. Nevets said...

Very cool. I'll do my little part to spread the word!

Dorte H said...

As the mother of an Asperger, I really appreciate that you and several other writers support this cause.

Brian McGilloway said...

A worthy cause, Len. Good luck!

Alis said...

Nice one, Len! I shall link to this on my blog.

Ann Weisgarber said...

Len, this is so like you to get involved in such a great cause. My fingers are crossed there'll be a bidding war for your critique.

Deborah Swift said...

What a great idea. I'll spread the word.

Tim Stretton said...

Len, this a tremendous, cause, and you are in very good company. Chapeau!